Love yourself as much as you want to be loved. That’s right…it’s that simple. If you abuse or neglect yourself, then you will only attract those people who will do the same to you. Are you feeling unworthy of love? Well, guess what? The law of attraction says okay, you feel unworthy so I will make you unworthy. Folks, the law of attraction is real…like attracts like. If you go around feeling anxious and frustrated…feeling like you’ll never find love, then the universe will say, “okay, your wish is my command – I will make you unworthy of love.” You see, the experts have it right when they tell you to love yourself, first, and then the right person will come along. If we don’t first love ourselves, then how can we expect to attract anyone else that will love us. Not only does the law of attraction come into play, but how unattractive is it to see someone constantly putting themselves down? I am guilty of this myself, and I’m a work in progress. I don’t mean go around acting egotistical or narcissistic. Instead, just give the self-love and self-care you deserve. Because you were born and you’re alive, you are worthy.
So here are some examples of how you can love yourself:
- The next time someone does something that you feel is wrong, then confront them with it. “Hey, I don’t like what you said, because it hurt my feelings. I don’t deserve that sort of treatment from you or anyone.”
- Treat yourself to an hour or two of relaxation time. Yes, you may be extremely busy and feel you have too many things on your to-do list to take time to pamper yourself, but you’re worth it. You have to take time outs to be your best self in all areas of your life.
- Don’t neglect your health because you feel you can’t afford to go to the dentist or doctor. You find ways to pay for everything else, so you have to find a way to put yourself first, for a change. If you don’t take care of your body, then it won’t take care of you.
- Pamper yourself with a day of beauty. You can go for a mani/pedi or a massage. Perhaps, you want to get a new hairdo you’ve put off because you felt it wasn’t in the budget. Go ahead…you deserve it.
- Start your day with prayer and relaxation before all the normal chaos of the day starts. It helps you get focused and centered to begin the day. Plus, it never hurts to have God directing your day, instead of you. As humans, we make a mess of our lives when we feel in control. Let God take over for a change.
- Exercise everyday. You may think you don’t have time, but you do. All it takes is 20-30 minutes a day to change your mindset and body. Of course, it is good if you can get at least 45 minutes to an hour, but if all you have is 20 minutes, then just do something. Go for a 20 minute walk or do a little Yoga. It’s better than nothing. No one will take care of you like you do. You are worth it! FYI, this is another area I struggle to be consistent with, but it’s so worth it, when I do stay on schedule. I feel better and I have so much more confidence. Plus, I’m not going around beating myself up all day because I didn’t exercise like I was supposed to.
- Take time to enjoy your favorite hobbies. Mine would be reading or watching a movie. Even if it’s only 30 minutes, you deserve it. Don’t feel guilty.
Well, those are a few of my ideas on how we all can love ourselves. What are some of the ways you show self-love?Google+