I needed a way of increasing my whole wheat consumption without adding sugar to my diet; solution, Whole Wheat Cinnamon Banana Bread. This bread is moist, packed with a cinnamon sugar (stevia) flavor, and easy to make.
I have created two recipes for this bread, one that is 100% organic whole wheat with no added sugar and one that uses organic all purpose flour. organic whole wheat, and organic sugar. Choose which version will meet your needs (the nutritional information is for the 100% whole wheat and stevia recipe).
- 3 small bananas (about 6 inches long) – smashed
- 1/3 cup melted organic butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Stevia (Truvia Baking Blend) or 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 egg beaten (I use organic cage free eggs)
- 1/2 tsp. imitation vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda (aluminum free)
- dash of sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup organic whole wheat flour or 3/4 cup organic unbleached all purpose flour + 3/4 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. stevia (Truvia Baking Blend) or 1/6 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. organic cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray bread pan. (I used 10″ x 8″)
- Mix bananas, butter, 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. stevia/3/4 cup sugar, egg, vanilla, almond extract, and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- Sprinkle baking soda and sea salt on top of banana mixture.
- Gently mix in flour. (I used a fork for all mixing.)
- Pour dough into pan
- Mix remaining stevia/sugar and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle cinnamon mixture on top of dough.
- Bake for 40 – 60 minutes (time will depend on pan size and moisture from bananas).
- Cut bread into 12 equal parts.
- Enjoy your Whole Wheat Cinnamon Banana Bread!!!
Nutrition based on a 2,000 calorie diet:
Total Fat: 4.96g, 7.67%
Sat. Fat: 3.04g, 15.25%
Cholesterol: 30.42mg, 10.08%
Sodium: 155.92mg, 6.58%
Carbohydrates: 13.5g, 5.83%
Fiber: 1g, 3.83%
Folate: 5.05mcg, 1.25%
Potassium: 90.5mg, 2.5%
Vitamin A: 4.08%
Vitamin C: 3.75%
Vitamin B6: .1mg, 28.5%Google+