I’m always looking for ways of adding more vegetables into our diet, this one-dish sweet potato chili is an easy way of doing that.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and chilies (I like Hot Rotel with habaneros)
- 15 oz can black beans (drained)
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 lb), peeled and chopped small
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup water
Toppings: shredded cheese, chopped avocado, tortilla chips, green onions
- Add ground turkey and chopped onion to large skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until ground turkey is fully cooked, no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add ground turkey mixture to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 6 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
Nutrition based on a 2,000 calorie diet:
Serving size: 1 cup, Servings: 12
Total Fat: 4.46g, 7%
Saturated Fat: .92g, 4.67%
Cholesterol: 28.08mg, 9.33%
Carbohydrates: 8.83g, 3%
Sodium: 262.03g, 21.67%
Fiber: 2.17g, 9.25%
Vitamin A: 41.33%
Vitamin C: 8.08%
Vitamin K: 2.25%
How do you like this sweet potato chili and how spicy do you prefer yours?Google+