I love peanut butter!!! I could eat it every day, but I don’t like the added preservatives, sugar, and random ingredients from the store-bought peanut butters. I’ve bought the pure peanut butter (made only with peanuts) but the cost is high and my husband prefers it to have a little sweeter taste and to be easier to spread. The homemade peanut butter I make in my high-speed blender fits his requirements (even though I still love just plain peanut butter) and costs around $1 for a 16 oz. jar.
- 1 lb./ 2½ cups unsalted peanuts (I prefer roasted.)
- 3 Tbs. oil (grapeseed, olive, or sunflower oil)
- 3 Tbs. honey
- Remove the peanut shells (I like to crack them open in a bowl with a meat cleaver.)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. (I recommend the Vitamix.)
- With the cover on and tamper in place, slowly increase the speed of the blender until it is at its highest setting.
- Using the tamper press down and back and forth until all peanuts are mixed.
- Turn off the blender.
- Using a spoon scoop the homemade peanut butter into a clean container (an old peanut butter jar).
- This will be good for around 5 months.
If you would prefer not to use oil in your peanut butter check out my peanut butter recipe made with 100% peanuts.Google+