As Christmas approaches many of us are struggling to determine what to buy or make for loved ones and still stick to our budget; I suggest DIY gifts, they can be as simple or as elaborate as you want and the suggestions I have cost pennies or up to $15. DIY gifts allow you to personalize the present for the recipient and show your love.
- Learn to knit or crochet. There are many great videos on YouTube to teach you how to make simple socks, toboggans, and blankets. Also, yarn can cost anywhere from $2 to $6.
- Bake brownies or cookies; or make chocolate dipped treats.
- Make a personalized gift basket. Here is a DIY Italian cooking basket filled with pasta, sauces, spices, recipes, and cooking utensils.:
- Make homemade body scrubs.
- Give coupons for free or cheap activities (e.g. Giving a back massage, cooking dinner of their choice, or movie night.)
- For kids, you can make a felt board using different colors of felt, scissors, a piece of cardboard, and a stapler. – Make sure you have plenty of different shapes and characters cut out.
- A cardboard play house.- Use cardboard boxes, a knife, tape/glue, and paint to make a great place for imaginative play (I suggest chalkboard paint to allow children to design their own world).
- Homemade play dough.
- A T-shirt pillow. – Take an adult large shirt, fold inside out, sew bottom and arms closed, fold right-side out, using the neck opening stuff with cotton, then sew the neck closed.
- Photo or Art Calendar.
What are some of your favorite DIY Christmas presents?
For more ideas look at: Christmas on a BudgetGoogle+