Since June is Dairy Month let’s look at a kid-friendly ice cream recipe. This recipe allows you to choose what flavor you want and make it right in the glass you will be eating out of. Also, it only makes one scoop, so if you want more just double the ingredients and get a bigger glass and bowl. What are your favorite flavors?
- 1 Tbs cream
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs chocolate powder (or your flavoring choice)
- Ice cubes
- Dish towel
- Large bowl
- In the glass, mix together milk, chocolate powder (or flavoring of your choice), and cream.
- In a bowl, place ice cubes and sprinkle lots of salt on top (leave room for the glass).
- Put the glass in the bowl on top of the ice cubes.
- Add more ice cubes and salt until they reach the top of the bowl.
- cover the bowl with a towel.
- Every five minutes stir the glass of ice cream.
- After about an hour eat your homemade ice cream!